Here are my favorite audio and video podcasts. Some of them I like enough to let Doppler automatically download every episode, and others I screen with Google Reader before downloading.
- Buzz Out Loud: CNET's "podcast of indeterminate length," featuring Tom, Molly and Jason's entertaining, sometimes caustic, and always skeptical take on technology news. This daily podcast features commentary, guests, and phone calls and e-mail from our listeners.
- ComputerWorld TechCast: computer technology topics
- DL.TV: for tech fans, by tech fans. It features some of the most timely and honest views about what is going on in tech today!
- FLOSS Weekly: We're not talking dentistry here; FLOSS all about Free Libre Open Source Software. Join hosts Randal Schwartz and Leo Laporte every Friday as they talk with the most interesting and important people in the Open Source and Free Software community
- Futures in Biotech: Explore the world of genetics, cloning, protein folding, genome mapping, and more with the most important researchers in biotech. Hosted by Marc Pelletier and Leo Laporte. Released most Wednesdays.
- Hak.5: Put together by a band of IT ninjas, security professionals and hardcore gamers, Hak5 isn’t your typical tech show. We take on hacking in the old-school sense, covering everything from network security, open source and forensics, to DIY modding and the homebrew scene. Then we wrap it all up with a healthy dose of cocktails and geek comedy. Damn the warranties, it’s time to Trust your Technolust.
- IT Conversations: publishes a new audio program nearly every day, from the most important tech conferences to our unique programs. Not just IT, it's everything tech and beyond.
- The Real Deal: The knowledge you need isn't always esoteric; sometimes it's just hard to find. The Real Deal gives you access to secrets and info that will help you master the confusing world of technology. Every Tuesday Tom and Rafe take on a new topic as well as taking your e-mail.
- Security Now: Steve Gibson, the man who coined the term spyware and created the first anti-spyware program, creator of Spinrite and ShieldsUP, discusses the hot topics in security today with Leo Laporte. Published every Thursday.
- Small Biz Tech Girl: helps you jump start and rev up your business using all things Internet and even some things gadgety. Making tech understandable and usable is Small Biz Tech Girl's goal because nobody wants to hassle with technology unless they know it can really work for them.
- TED Talks: began as a simple attempt to share what happens at TED with the world. Under the moniker "ideas worth spreading," talks were released online. They rapidly attracted a global audience in the millions. Indeed, the reaction was so enthusiastic that the entire TED website has been reengineered around TEDTalks, with the goal of giving everyone on-demand access to the world's most inspiring voices.
- Tekzilla: Embrace digital technology. Join the Tekzilla crew and make your tech work better for you. Or you can go live in the woods with an axe. Every Saturday, Patrick Norton and Veronica Belmont deliver product reviews, computer help, tech tips on everything from iPods to camcorders, HD to the Internet, plus do it yourself projects.
- this WEEK in TECH: Your first podcast of the week is the last word in tech. Join Leo Laporte, Patrick Norton, John C. Dvorak, and other tech luminaries in a roundtable discussion of the latest trends in high tech. Winner of "People's Choice Podcast" and "Best Technology Podcast" in the 2005 People's Choice Podcast Awards. Released every Sunday at midnight Pacific
- Windows Weekly: A weekly look at all things Microsoft including Windows Vista, Office 2007, and Xbox from the foremost Windows expert in the world, Paul Thurrott of the Super Site for Windows.
- 7PM ET News Summary: A five-minute NPR News summary you can take with you.
- It's All Politics: NPR political analysts Ken Rudin and Ron Elving delve into the week's political news and analysis.
- PBS FRONTLINE: Since 1983, FRONTLINE has served as American public television's flagship public affairs series. Hailed upon its debut on PBS as "the last best hope for broadcast documentaries," FRONTLINE's stature over 25 seasons is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human experience.
- The Founding Documents Podcast: a periodic showcase presented in audio format. Here you will be able to listen to the declarations, speeches and essays that form the core principles of U.S. Government.
- U.S. Presidents Podcast: Each episode will provide a brief biographical portrait of each president, explore the eras in which they led the country, and access the historical significance they hold for us today. This is a podcast for those that wish to gain a complete knowledge of the commander in chief.
- The Bible Podcast: a chapter a day podcast reading from the New English Translation of the Bible.
- Grammar Girl: provides short, friendly tips to improve your writing. Covering the grammar rules and word choice guidelines that can confound even the best writers, Grammar Girl makes complex grammar questions simple with memory tricks to help you recall and apply those troublesome grammar rules.
- Make-it-Green Girl: The friendly and fun weekly episodes provide readily actionable tips about which green principles and practices can make a difference, how to put them into motion, and how to make them a seamless part of everyday life. Whether you're an experienced environmentalist, or just embarking on the frontiers of green awareness, every person can help reduce humanity's impact on our terrestrial home, and have fun doing it.
- Money Girl: to help listeners understand complex personal finance issues and to preserve and grow their wealth.
- The Nutrition Diva: Eating healthy isn't as difficult (or joyless) as you might imagine. Every week, the Nutrition Diva (aka Monica Reinagel) serves up simple, painless ways to upgrade your eating habits. Before you know it, you'll be eating healthier and feeling more fabulous! Always on the lookout for the small changes that can make a big difference in your health, the Nutrition Diva sifts through the science and the silliness, separates food fact from food fiction, and offers her unique spin on the art of eating well.
- PBS NOVA: the highest rated science series on television and the most watched documentary series on public television.